Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Glasses

I was overdue for a visit to the eye doctor, so today was the day. The optometrist was very thorough and gave me my first glaucoma test! I think that means I'm old, doesn't it?

I was very brave when he put drops in my eyes and came at me with a probe, like so much sci-fi movie. Shock of shocks, I don't have glaucoma, in fact, I have a pair of very healthy specimens. My prescription hasn't changed at all.

I'm pretty excited about the new glasses I've ordered. They're Oakley, a little sporty, a little arty and should be tough enough to take what I dish out. If all goes well, I'll pick them up on Friday.

Seeing as we were at the mall already, we decided to shop for a set of headphones for our son to use in the car. We went to The Source. You know their motto, "The Source: You've got questions, we've got batteries." It's an old joke but it's just so true. We were laughing about it as we walked toward the store.

We found what we were looking for immediately and went straight up to the cash register. The salesman cheerfully took our purchase, "Just the headphones today? Do you need any batteries?"

I smirked but held it together until my husband (who's very good at keeping a straight face) faked a very confused expression and responded, "I don't think these headphones take batteries."

That was it for me. I had to go look at the cameras until I regained my composure.

2 comments:

  1. That is totally something my husband would do too!! lol

    Visiting from SITS! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the eyes staying good! :)

    ReplyDelete