Sunday, March 21, 2010

Buenas Noches Mexicana

The first rule of Dinner Club...don't talk about Dinner Club. I am about to break the first rule of Dinner Club. There will be consequences. I may be ostracised, but that's a chance I'm going to have to take.

Last night, Marcie and Dave hosted our first instalment of Dinner Club. They have set the bar and they have set it high.

The theme was Mexican Fiesta.

Hola! Welcome to the cantina. Can we offer you a margarita, or perhaps some sangria?

My husband got into the spirit of things, at my insistence.

We were appetized by some wicked awesome homemade guacamole and pico de gallo with chips.

Here, we're sitting down to a table festooned with piƱatas, confetti and dangly puff-balls. The atmosphere set the stage for a delicious dinner.

It was quite a spread. No effort was spared. We had roasted mushroom salad with spinach and chorizo, cantaloupe salad, sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, black beans and rice, grilled chipotle shrimp and chili lime flank steak.

You're jealous now, aren't you? You want to join our Dinner Club? Well you can't, go start your own!

In all seriousness, I do recommend starting a Dinner Club. It's a great way to get together with close friends and sample each other's creativity.

It's my turn to host next. Like I said, the bar has been set very high, so I'm going to have to pull off a show-stopper. Stay tuned at the end of May, to see how it turns out.

We didn't make it to Maplefest today, but that didn't save me any calories. I went ahead and ate a bunch of junk. I'm not looking forward to the weigh-in tomorrow. Regardless of how it goes, however, I have no regrets. Sometimes you have to ease up a little and allow yourself to enjoy your food and enjoy the good company and take care of the extra calories another day.

4 comments:

  1. Dinner Club? What a great idea! And, what a feast! I may have to follow your lead and start a Dinner Club of my own...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having a Dinner Club with friends. I wonder what's your next theme? Dropping by from SITS, enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks amazing! I think you've got your work cut out for you to top that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! I used to have a Dinner Club and it was the best. Then everyone moved.

    It really is a wonderful way to socialize.

    ReplyDelete