Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games


Say what you want about the Olympics. I know there are a lot of issues to debate. Different groups oppose the Olympics for a bunch of different reasons and some of the opposition is probably justified. But, you really have to hand it to the athletes...the honest ones that aren't doping.

I get so inspired by the athletes. Not just for their physical abilities and not just for the daring feats they attempt when the stakes are high. I admire them for their dedication. Most people can't stay dedicated to a regimen of diet and exercise for a month. This elite group manages to, literally, keep their eye on the prize and join the ranks of the best competitors in the world.

I'm jazzed up after watching the opening ceremonies last night. I'm going to dust off my cross country skis this week. I like to zip around on them pretending I'm a medal contender. Grownups can make-believe too. I'll wait until nightfall and do my skiing under cloak-of-darkness so the neighbours won't see me fall. I prefer skiing at night anyway. For me, nothing is more invigorating than skiing on a crisp, cold, clear winter's night. It's a workout and a meditation in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment