Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


Well, I said I would go overboard this weekend and I did not disappoint. We ate and drank a lot of calories. Our visitors brought us shortbread and the yummiest macaroons ever.

My Valentine bought me SEX AND THE CITY chocolates from Laura Secord. They tasted as good as they looked. I shared them with our guests but I still had more than my fair share.

I managed to fit a decent workout in yesterday. Today we went tobogganing, which isn't particularly strenuous, but I think Wii bowling may count as exercise. I hope it does 'cause I'm bowling LIKE A BOSS.

Dinner tonight had to be red, as per the tradition of red Valentine's suppers, started by my Mom when we were little. I made a big tomatoy jambalaya and we spiked our milk with strawberry Quik to turn it pink. It was relatively healthy but it was sabotaged by the chocolate cookies and Valentine's truffles that followed.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. If anybody is already following this and would like to post their weekly successes or shortcomings in the comments section, you are more than welcome. The more support the better! Given the over consumption I've described above, I may have a disappointing weigh-in tomorrow. Don't be embarrassed to post a gain.

Oh, and don't forget that Tuesday is Pancake Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment