Monday, August 30, 2010

I Have a Plan...Yes Another One

OK folks, I've been itching to post my idea for a new weight loss challenge and I reckon I can watch TMZ and write this at the same time - so here we go.

I know, I know, it's getting to be a tired story. I have a plan to loose weight. I last a week, or less and you don't hear from me again until I'm ready to pitch the next weight loss challenge.

Well, this time it's different. Not really. But it could be. It could be different, if a bunch of people jump on board and we make this really fun.

The gist is: we start September 1 and finish October 31. The goal is to loose 15 to 20 lbs.

I think it helps if there are rewards so I think each person should choose a prize to reward themselves with upon completion. Choose anything you feel comfortable with. Personally, I'm setting aside $10 for every pound I loose. By the end of October I'll hopefully have $150-$200 to go on a shopping spree.

Anybody who wants in on this can take their starting weight on September 1st (keep it to yourself) and we'll start reporting our losses every Friday after that.

I really, really hope to get some other people in on this. It is soooo much easier to stay motivated when we're dropping weight in a pack. Join the brick-house wolf pack today.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm back. I have a goal of 19lbs by Oct. 31. I have a prize and for even more motivation I am recording my weekly weight and measurements on the fridge so everyone will know if I slack off for a week and put weight on. It's already up there and Ive already started working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind checking in -- i'm already on the weight loss journey and i have goals set for every 5 - 10 pounds...however i might be able to set aside a few bucks for every pound i lose as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on board!! And I like the reward idea!! You can pay me $10 for every pound I lose too!! Haha...ok I will set aside my own $$ but we could do the shopping spree together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in, but I will not be starting until September 7 when the kids start back at school. I will still take my starting weight on friday, just do not expect to much from me the first week. My goal weight loss for that 2 month time frame will be 8 to 10 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll join you if I can! I'm already buddied up with a friend to try and lose 10lbs, but it never hurts to have other people to be accountable to!

    ReplyDelete