Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fizzy Skittles Tried to Kill My Family

We were travelling in the US, recently and encountered a daring re-imagining of a favourite confection - Fizzy Skittles.

Skittles, meet Pop Rocks...Pop Rocks, meet Skittles. What a sweet and effervescent delight.

Make that, what a stomach turning, acid reflux producing, vomit inducing mistake.

Never again.

Maybe it was the intense Virginia heatwave the upset our tummies - it certainly didn't help - but after an evening of munching our way through a bag of funky, fizzy Skittles my son fell asleep only to wake himself with vomiting.

Naturally, comforting him as he puked his way through the night, I eventually came unravelled myself. The next thing you know, my stomach had jettisoned its contents.

So gross! I can't even tell you the last time I puked. I will, however, be able to look back on July, 2010 and be able to say, 'that was the last time I ate Fizzy Skittles.'

No comments:

Post a Comment